ID theft or fraud is America’s fastest growing crime. It victimizes 9 million consumers each year. It has been the number one complaint to the Federal Trade Commission for several years, accounting for 36% of complaints received in 2006. It is a crime that causes victims long-lasting financial harm while inflicting emotional stress and turmoil. Repairing the damage can be a bewildering, complex, and time-consuming process for most people. Much of that time is spent at the workplace, costing businesses through lost productivity.
EAP Consultants has developed a comprehensive ID theft resolution and prevention program to assist employees at no cost to them. Our program provides access to professionals who give step-by-step assistance, resources and guidance to employees who have had their identity stolen. Simply put, we recover a victim’s identity- quickly, efficiently and professionally. We stay involved until all clearing documentation is done and the victim’s identity has been restored completely. Our program provides valuable help from specialists when it’s needed most.
- Toll-free telephonic access to ID Recovery Specialists who help victims restore their identity and confidential information.
- Complete assistance and direction about properly reporting ID theft or fraud to law enforcement.
- Immediate notification of ID theft to all the “need to know” government agencies and businesses, including credit reporting agencies and help in establishing fraud alerts.
- Completion of all required documents needed for the restoration of the victim’s identity.
- Assistance with lost or stolen documents including help replacing stolen credit cards, driver’s license, social security card, passport or other identifying documents.
- Advice about how to deal with creditors and credit reporting bureaus to get fraudulent entries removed.
- Assistance with obtaining, understanding and monitoring Federally mandated free credit reports.
- Expert advice, education and resources on how to avoid ID theft.